We are excited to announce we will resume indoor worship beginning July 5! There are a few things you need to know as we enter a new season of worship during this time of pandemic. We gathered a team to prayerfully consider how to keep everyone safe and help them feel safe as we re-enter the building. Please understand this is a working plan and we ask for grace as we move into uncharted waters. In order to meet the variety of needs in our congregation and the guidelines we will be offering 2 service types and times!
9 am Drive in Worship: This service will be open for all who desire to attend. We recognize some are not yet ready to move back indoors just yet. There will not be a limit on the number of participants for this service. This service will continue to operate as it has over the last several weeks. We do ask that at the conclusion of the service you keep socialization to a minimum. This will help us clear the parking lot to make room for our 10:30 worshippers to park.
10:30 am Indoor Worship: This service will have some changes to how we met prior to COVID-19. Disinfection is a top priority at this time. We have taken the time to disinfect the pews, door handles, bathrooms, etc. in preparation of your attending. Masks are strongly encouraged to be worn as per the CDC guidelines but may be worn at your discretion.
- We want to see all of you inside but, in order to keep safety, we have limited our number for indoor worship. If you plan to come to indoor worship, we ask that you make a reservation at:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/indoor-worship-service-tickets-108986276888
- We recognize this is not ideal. Please understand that we are trying to help everyone be able to attend service. If we find that more indoor services are needed, we will make every attempt to accommodate this as an option as we move forward. If you have trouble making a reservation please contact the church office, 828-433-6709, and we will help you.
- Everyone will enter the sanctuary from the main doors in the center aisle. Everyone will leave through the alcove doors. All doors will remain open to eliminate touch points. Hand sanitizer will be available at the doors as you enter and exit.
- Seating will begin at 10:15 am and there will be temp checks. Anyone not feeling well or who shows a fever of 100.4 will not be permitted for that week’s service. If you have had a fever or have been experiencing coughing, sneezing, runny nose, recent loss of taste/smell, or difficulty breathing within the past week PLEASE do not attend.
- As you arrive, we will have ushers available to seat your family. This helps us adhere to social distancing guidance. There will be empty space in between pews and people. Please do not get up and greet one another in the sanctuary once you are seated.
- Tithes will be collected by dropping them into lockboxes located at the doors as you enter/exit. You can also give online at: http://m1cog.org/donate, or by mail to: P O Box 1404, Morganton NC 28680.
- Only the front restrooms will be available.
- We will have some music but we will be singing less during this time. There will be not choir at this time.
- Children’s Ministry will not be available at this time. The nursery and 2’s-3’s rooms will be closed. There will be a kid’s moment during the service but we ask all children to remain with their families for the duration of the service.
- Sunday School will not be available for in person meetings during the month of July. All Sunday School classes are strongly encouraged to connect via Zoom.
- We will not have Wednesday Evening small groups at this time.
We will continue to offer our service live-streamed on Facebook if you prefer to connect with us this way. We know there is not one right option for everyone. We are working to offer something that will meet each person in a way that is best for them. As we evaluate how this plan is working we will make adjustments. We welcome positive and helpful feedback.