M1COG is currently hiring for a part-time administrative assistant.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants can apply at
The part-time administrative assistant is a position to fill needs of providing administrative support for the Church and pastoral staff. Coordination of tasks with the Senior Pastor is also required.
The position requires 24 hours per week (for example: 8-2 pm M-Th). There may be a need for adjustments to the usual scheduling of these hours depending on Church meetings, events, or other needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as office receptionist
- Answer telephone
- Make notes in writing for staff members of incoming calls
- Establish appointments for Pastor as instructed/required
- Keep Pastor informed of communications from Church members via calls
- Participate in staff planning meetings and record minutes
- Oversee and coordinate office procedures and operations
- Keep mailing lists current
- Use computer software to prepare church newsletters, flyers, mailings, bulletins, etc.
- Order and maintain all church office and administrative supplies (eg: Life Group materials, office supplies, cleaning / kitchen supplies, etc)
- Make travel arrangements for Senior Pastor and staff
- Collect daily mail and correspondences
- Maintain the Church master calendar
- Complete preventive maintenance of office equipment (repairs, inventories)
- Maintain confidences of all matters discussed by church members with Pastor, Associate pastor(s), Music and Worship Director, or Children’s Director.
- Perform other duties as directed by pastoral staff (eg. Copying, folding, mailings
- Provide support to Children in Action daycare ministry
- Train for bookkeeping duties with potential to grow into full-time Administrative / Bookkeeping role.
Education and experience required
- Christian with doctrinal belief consistent with M1COG
- High school diploma or higher
- At least 2 years of experience in an office or business environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Applications
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude
- Notary Public
- Bookkeeping experience